Holding out!

Though Rosa likes to foal early, she seems to not be impressed with the weather and my decision to breed her earlier last year. At least one of us is sane! Thankfully the snow and ice have finally melted in the paddock, though my field is still slowly melting. She has been seemingly stuck at the same level of udder development for a couple of weeks, but the first milk test put her at 90 ppm tonight. Last time she held out until over 300 ppm, but she’s been sneaky before. The foaling stall is stripped and will be disinfected shortly. Cameras will be up soon thereafter. A link will be posted. Hopefully we’ll be welcoming a foal by Ampère into the world next week!

Leave a Reply